- 1 1/2 cups raw milk
- 1 cup water
- 2 T. tea
- 15-25 saffron strands
- 3 cardamom pods
- 2 tsp. raw honey
- Place the water and optional cardamom into a small saucepan and bring it to a boil.
- Simmer the pods for 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and add the saffron threads. Allow the strands to steep for 5-8 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients. Stir and heat the milk to warm, not boiling, to protect the living nutrients in the raw milk.
- Strain and serve, adding more sweetener if desired, to taste.