1 cup chopped beetroot
1/2 cup chopped bottle gourd (doodhi / lauki)
1/2 cup chopped onions
1/2 cup chopped potatoes
1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
1/2 tsp sugar
salt to taste
2 tbsp whipped cream
1 tsp chopped coriander (dhania) for garnishing
- Combine the beetroot, onions, potatoes, tomatoes and bottle gourd along with enough water and pressure cook for 2 whistles or till the vegetables are cooked.
- Cool slightly and blend in mixer till smooth. Strain and keep aside.
- Add the salt and sugar, mix well and either serve chilled or bring the soup to boil and serve hot.
- While serving chilled, garnish with cream.
- While serving hot, garnish with coriander