I’m sharing the recipe for my Garlicky Cheese Curd quick dip which is really delicious and super addictive. You can prepare this in a jiffy and yes it vanishes pretty quickly, so you may want to make an extra bowl. This is a perfect accompaniment for nachos, chips and vegetable crudites too!
Ingredients (serves 4-6)
- 1 1/2 cups Yogurt (or thick Curd or hung curd)
- 1/2 cup grated Cheddar Cheese (you can add more cheese per your taste)
- 4 cloves Garlic (minced)
- ½ cup Capsicum (finely chopped)
- ½ cup Onion (finely chopped)
- ½ cup Spring Onions with greens (finely chopped)
- 1/4 cup Mint leaves
- to taste Salt
- Chili Flakes (as required)
- Freshly ground black pepper (as required)
- 2 teaspoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- As a variation to mint leaves, you may also try Oregano.
How to proceed
- To thicken the curd/yogurt leave it into a sieve and place the sieve on top of a bowl for an hour in the refrigerator. All the whey will drip down in the bowl, leaving thick curds.
- Whisk in the grated cheese and garlic in the hung curd, add capsicum, onions, spring onions, salt and mix.
- Add mint leaves, chili flakes, olive oil, crushed pepper and salt. Mix well.
- Refrigerate for half an hour or more. Sprinkle with chili flakes, and drizzle with olive oil just before serving.
- Serve it chilled with nachos, chips, bread or vege sticks!
The best part about this dip is, you can adjust ingredients and their quantities based on your taste and availability. Enjoy!