Kids are sure to have this delicious corn and cheese toast. Serve this easy to make recipe for breakfast or as an after school snack.
Cooking Time : 8 to 10 mins.
Preparation Time : 10 mins.
Makes 12 toasts.
6 slices whole wheat bread
½ cup corn kernels, boiled
2 tablespoons grated cheese
¼ cup onions, chopped
2 teaspoons plain flour (maida)
¾ cup milk
2 tablespoons chopped capsicum
½ teaspoon mixed herbs
¼ teaspoon mustard (rai) powder
1 tablespoon butter
salt to taste
1. Cut each slice into 2 lengthwise. Toast them and keep aside.
2. Heat the butter in a pan, add the onions and cook till they are translucent
3. Add the maida and cook for 2 minutes, over a slow flame, till the maida turns golden in colour.
4. Add the milk and whisk till no lumps remain.
5. Cook for another 2 minutes, while stirring continuously till the mixture thickens.
6. Add the capsicum, herbs, cheese, mustard powder, corn and salt and mix well.
7. Spread the corn mixture on each toast piece and serve hot with Tabasco sauce.
Leave a Reply