2 whole red capsicums
2 bay leaves
1 clove of garlic
1/2 cup low-fat milk
1 tbsp cornflour
salt to taste
For the garnish
2 tbsp chopped coriander
- Pierce the red capsicum with a fork and roast them over a flame till they turn black.
- Cool, wash them and remove the skin, stem and seeds. Keep aside.
- Cut the tomatoes into quarters and add approx. 3 cups of water, bay leaves and garlic and boil till the tomatoes are soft. Discard the bay leaves and keep aside.
- Purée the capsicum and tomato mixture into a smooth paste.
- Mix the cornflour and milk and add to the paste.
- Add salt and simmer the soup for few minutes till it thickens.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
Leave a Reply