2 tbsp masoor dal (split red lentil)
1 cup onions, sliced
3/4 cup chopped tomatoes
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1/2 tsp chilli powder (optional)
1 tsp oil
salt to taste
1/4 cup cooked rice
1. Heat the oil in a pressure cooker and fry the onions for a little time.
2. Add the crushed garlic and chilli powder. Fry again until it releases a nice aroma.
3. Add 2½ cups of water, the tomatoes and the washed masoor dal and cook in a pressure cooker (3-4 whistles).
4. When cooked, pass the mixture through a sieve.
5. Boil for 15 minutes. Add salt.
6. Serve hot with cooked rice and slices of lemon.
Leave a Reply