3/4 cup beaten rice (poha)
2 cups milk
4 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp cornflour dissolved in 2 tsp cold milk
1 cup sliced fruits (banana , apples etc.)
- Place the beaten rice flakes on a flat microwave-safe plate and microwave on high for 1 minute till the beaten rice flakes are crisp.
- Remove from the microwave, cool and blend in a mixer to a coarse powder. Keep aside.
- Put the milk in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Add the beaten rice, sugar and cornflour–milk mixture, mix well and microwave on high for 2 minutes, stirring once in between after 1 minute. Keep aside to cool.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Just before serving, divide the phirni and fruits into 4 equal portions.
- Place a portion of fruits in each of the bowls and top them with a portion of phirni.
- Serve chilled.