- Chicken – 1/2kg
- Onion – 1 finely chopped
- Tomato – 1 finely chopped
- Ginger garlic paste – 11/2tsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1/2tsp
- Chilly Powder – 2 tsp – recommended is 1 tsp or less
- Coriander Powder – 3tsp
- Curry Leaves – 1 Spring
- Coriander Leaves – few
- Bay leaves – 1
- Red chilly – 1
- Cinnamon – 1”stick
- Cloves – 2 nos
- Salt to taste
- Cumin seeds – 1-1/2 tsp
- Fennel seeds – 1 tsp
- Kasa kasa -1 tsp
- Small onions – 20 to 25 or use normal onions about 3 to 5
- Curry leaves – 1 Spring
- Granted Coconut-1/4cup
- Take a pan, heat 2 tsp of oil and add all the above grind items one by one.
- Fry it few minutes and allow to cool.
- Then grind it into a fine paste and keep aside.
- Take a vessel add oil and add cloves, cinnamon, bay leaves and fry well
- Add onions and fry till it turns golden brown. Then add ginger garlic paste and saute it well until raw smell disappears
- Add chopped tomatoes and add turmeric powder. Stir it well
- Add Chilly Powder,coriander powder and salt. Stir it for few minutes and then add chicken
- Saute them well for 10 minutes
- Add the ground masala, water and salt. Close the vessel and allow to the chicken to cook.
- Heat 2 tsp of oil in a pan, add mustard seeds, 1 whole red chilly and curry leaves. After the fireworks are over pour this over the gravy.
- Sprinkle finely chopped coriander leaves.
- Tasty and spicy chicken gravy was ready to serve