For The Pindi Chole Stuffing
3/4 cup kabuli chana (white chick peas)
1 1/2 tsp chana dal (split Bengal gram)
1 black cardamon
25 mm (1″) stick cinnamon
4 tbsp oil
3/4 cup chopped onions
1 1/2 tsp pomegranate powder
3/4 cup chopped tomatoes
1 tsp chopped ginger (adrak)
1 1/2 tsp chopped green chillies
1 tsp coriander (dhania) powder
1/2 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp garam masala
3/4 tsp chole masala
salt to taste
1 cup onion rings
chaat masala to taste
4 tsp readymade carrot ka achaar
4 tbsp finely chopped coriander (dhania)
For the pindi chole stuffing
1. Wash and soak the kabuli chana and chana dal for 6 to 8 hours or overnight.
2. Drain, wash again, add 1½ cups of water, big cardamom, cinnamon and teabag and pressure cook on a high flame for 3 whistle.
3. Lower the flame and pressure cook for another 3 whistles.
4. Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
5. Discard the tea bag and strain the kabuli chana.
6. Heat the oil in a kadhai, add the onions and sauté till they turn translucent.
7. Add the pomegranate powder and cook on a medium flame till the onions turn dark brown, while stirring continuously
8. Add the tomatoes, ginger and green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for another 3 to 4 minutes.
9. Add the coriander powder, chilli powder and garam masala and cook on a medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes or till the tomatoes are cooked and the mixture leaves oil.
10. Add the cooked kabuli chana, chana masala, 2 tbsp of water and salt and mix well.
11. Cook on a medium flame for another 3 to 4 minutes till the liquid dries up. Keep aside.
12. How to proceed
13. Combine the onion rings with chaat masala in a bowl, mix well and keep aside.
14. Place a roti on a clean dry surface and place ¼th of the chole in a row in the centre of the roti.
15. Arrange ¼ cup of onions and spread 1 tsp of gajar ka achaar over it.
16. Finally sprinkle 1 tbsp of coriander over it and roll it up tightly.
17. Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make 3 more rolls.
18. Wrap a tissue paper around each roll and serve immediately.
Leave a Reply