1/2 cup bajra (black millet) flour
1/3 cup ragi (nachni / red millet) flour
2 tbsp whole wheat flour (gehun ka atta)
1/2 tsp ginger-garlic (adrak-lehsun) paste
1/4 tsp finely chopped green chillies
3 tbsp finely chopped fenugreek (methi) leaves
1/4 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
1 tsp oil
salt to taste
2 1/2 tsp ghee for cooking
1. Combine all the ingredients and knead to make a soft dough using enough water.
2. Divide the dough into 5 equal portions and roll out each portion into a 125 mm. (5″) diameter thin circle.
3. Cook 1 circle on a tava (griddle) on both sides using a little ghee until light pink spots appear.
4. With the help of a folded muslin cloth, press the khakhra from all the sides and cook over a slow flame till it is crisp.
5. Repeat with remaining circles to make 4 more khakhras.
6. Cool completely and serve.